My husband and I are both big
nerds. He probably can claim the title king of nerds, but don’t get me wrong,
he is positively handsome, with smooth dark brown hair and sweet blue
eyes! When we first got married I would
wake him by saying, “let me see those baby blues,” He hated it so I had to
stop. But truly when you first look at Jeremy you don’t think man that guy is
total computer geek, and then after you have talked to him for a few minutes,
you think no way this guy has never watched a super bowl in his life, he seems
so normal. But really behind that wonderful exterior is the nerd.
I am not a programmer like my
husband, I still get a little confused by Microsoft Word, but technology is
exciting, learning is exciting, SCHOOL FOREVER!!! That’s probably where my
nerdiness begins. I love learning, and knowing stuff. I enjoy science kinds of
things, but probably the subject I really have a love affair with is History.
Yep, I would say I’m a history nerd, all the way. My major is History teaching, because I love
history so much that I want to share it with crazy-awesome, weird little teenagers.
I say weird, because that’s what I was in seventh, eighth, ninth…um yeah I
guess I never grew out of my weirdness.
Honestly though, I LOVE HISTORY and there’s more to come on that.
Strange thing about people who love
History they tend to love the future as well, at least I do. This is where my
husband and I meet in our nerdiness, we love Science Fiction. Now, I’m not one
of those science fiction fans who has all the costumes, and reads everything I
can get my hands on that has the little blue Sci-Fi sticker. That’s not my
scene, but I do secretly fantasize about science fiction thrillers, and read
what I consider quality science fiction, and I have been known to watch a few
science fiction movies, and T.V. shows. Okay fine, I have had multiple Doctor
Who marathons with my husband, honestly I can’t get enough of David Tenant, we zoomed
through Battlestar Galactica in a few months, I started calling it BSG like all
the cool fans do, and I associate Star Trek with stir fry because heavens what
is a little Teriyaki sauce with out some Jean Luc Picard, and William Ryker.
![]() |
| The face of leadership, honestly people. |
![]() |
| Boomer, the first Cylon to go down. |
![]() |
| doesn't really need words except, Oh tenth doctor, I do miss you. |





Candy, I can sooo hear you saying all of this as I read it. It is so you; you're so cute! I hope that you'll consider putting some pictures of the two of you in here once in awhile. (As you know, I love pictures.) Looking forward to future editions! I love the name of your blog!
ReplyDelete