The reason why I chose the name The Nerdy Mickeys is because our last name is Mickelson. It's three whole syllables, that's a mouthful! As I get ready to teach next year I have considered trying to go by Mrs. M or even Mrs. Mickey so that the kids aren't slurring my name like I know I would. I think I'll stick with Mickelson at least for my first year but may later change it. The other reason, why wouldn't you want to be associated with Mickey Mouse, I don't know, he's like the coolest rodent ever!
So anyway that is why I chose The Nerdy Mickeys, now I say it to myself, it almost sounds like "Dirty Mickeys" which makes me giggle a little.
Hi Candy,
ReplyDeleteYour choice of Mickey is VERY interesting. Here is a story you may not know. When I was serving my mission in Japan, the Japanese people had a REALLY hard time with my name. The closest they can come is MiKeRuSoN Choro (Choro means Elder) --- and that is FOUR syllables. After a few months of that, my Mission President's wife decided I needed an easier name... After a few moments she said... "Mickey Choro.... you know, like Mickey Mouse!" Mickey Mouse is VERY famous in Japan.
And that was how I was known for the rest of my mission. I even introduced myself as "Mickey Choro.... Mickey Mouse 'no' Mickey" :) In Japanese, 'no' shows possessiveness (like an 's ).
So, there you have it. Great minds think alike :)
Love the blog,
--Ralph