Sunday, November 10, 2013

Enter the Society of Social Media

Why do people unfriend people they were friends with in HIGH SCHOOL, or block their blog, and try and keep their online life private? I personally hate it! I want to be able to read these blogs and learn about their life, yes it may sound creepy, but in the ever increasing social media world, I don't actually think it is. I never plan actually getting to know these people or try and find them, they are in a way fake people, just like I think movie stars are. Yes we can see them on a screen but for most of us that will be the only thing we'll ever see of them, so to us, they don't even really exist.

So by that logic is it such a creepy thing to want to read people's blogs that I don't know, that is kind of a purpose of blogs right; to get your ideas out there for people to read and think about, or to look at your adorable kids, or sympathize with your infertility problems.

I feel like if you don't want people to know it or you only want to share it with a few close friends then don't put it on your blog and then make it private, because maybe just maybe there is a young, mormon teacher in Utah who wants to read about your life, and since she has no idea what your email is and is believes that emailing a blog owner is crossing the stalker line a little, that you should unblock it and make it public, because for heaven's sakes I WANT TO READ IT. Stephanie Nielson only posts during the week, and Wait But Why does once a week posts, which are usually a little long and I have to be in a reading mood to get through it, so what's a blog junkie to do over the weekend.  Come on, I thought about your blog during visiting teaching and want to know how your doing and if you ever got pregnant! UH.

So to go along with my title, enter the society of social media where you don't just post for a few select friends as if you are sending out monthly newsletters. Instead post for the world because you can reach more through social media and you might just do some good while your at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment