Monday, May 18, 2015

Where did this belly come from? 18 Weeks


Not the best angle but we were in a little of a hurry. And yes I'm wearing jammy pants, they are the best. 

I felt like it might be nice to do a brief update on being pregnant. So as of Sunday I am 18 weeks along. Almost half way there, although October still seems forever away.

Morning Sickness

I had a mild case of morning sickness before 16 weeks and since that point I have hardly felt queasy although eating bruised solid parts of bananas still makes me almost throw up. I only threw up once. On the day of Jeremy's Graduation much less and after eating COOKED sushi at Happy Sumo. It was a sad day because of how much I loved it going down. 

Cravings 

Pretty much zero. I have really wanted a lot of delicious, fresh, cold fruit like melons, berries, pears, apples, mangos, and pineapple. That recently has been hitting the spot. I am so glad we are going into summer because fruit is good and inexpensive compared to the winter. But other than that I haven't been dying to have anything. 

Other symptoms

My main complaint is joint pain. As a runner I am accustomed to feeling joint paint and other musculoskeletal aches and pregnancy has dealt me something familiar in this respect. My left hip socket is sore a lot. Mostly at night and especially when I am trying to turn. The other strange thing is it seems to get progressively worse as the week wears on by Thursday and Friday it hurts to move my hip too much. 

Movement

Nothing definitive but I have felt something that feels a little like a muscle spasm 1-3 times a day, and that's the only thing I have so far. 

Gender

Next Thursday is the big day but no one will know until after our Disney Cruise because we leave the very next day and won't have time to do anything to announce or more like don't want to. We want it to be our little secret until then...

2 comments:

  1. So rude that you're keeping the gender a secret while you're gone!!!! Just kidding :) I totally get it. But know that I am anxiously awaiting your return so we can find out!!! So excited for this baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to hear about your pregnancy! I can't wait to find out either! I love all those fresh fruits you mentioned! Enjoy your cruise and keep us posted! Love you!

    ReplyDelete