Friday, June 13, 2014

On Finishing School

Me and a couple of some great students the last day! Ah I can't believe they are going to be ninth graders. 

School ended a couple of weeks ago and already it feels like a distant dream. I still dream about my kids a lot. One girl who I had especial difficulty with I have had I think two dreams about. But other students who I love and miss so much I have also dreamed about! The last day of school I stood in front of my empty classroom where I had been born as a teacher and embraced that bitter sweet feeling of leaving my classroom and all my students at Payson. I love teaching so much and I am so glad that I get the opportunity to do it again next year! I love teenagers! They are so fantastic and funny! I love to see how they grow, learn, and develop as a person in this amazing world. They honestly are worth all the heart ache I suffer sometimes on their behalf, because even though they make me cry sometimes I still want to go back to them.
For Teacher Appreciation week a student adopted me and gave me this awesome door decoration. She knew I liked Sci-Fi and so came up with this awesome creation!!!

They used my extra big black marker and even skipped their lunch to make this sucker! 

Sad!!! This was the last day minutes before I walked out of my classroom forever!

Another FANTASTIC student who knew I was taking down all my stuff and so he wanted to wear the bonnet one last time. 

a couple days before the the last day a few students started writing on my board almost all of them are nice notes to me a few a silly ones not intended for me, but I was so touched because by the last day my whole board was filled. 



1 comment:

  1. Aww. Love the door decoration and all the notes on the board! I'm sure you'll miss these days. So glad you'll get to continue teaching next year!

    ReplyDelete