Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Pink Series Half: 13 miles that were not too bad.

As you may be aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Seriously those breast cancer people have organized, why don't we have a testicular cancer awareness month, I feel like this is a little reverse sexism. Anyhow every October there is a 1/2 marathon race called The Pink Series in Park City, and I happened to run it with my sister in-law, Paula, this year. When we jumped on the bus and I raised my arms and cheered "Let's do this" to the whole bus then I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see an old friend from high school who I had run track and cross country with. It was the one and only Annie. And I say one and only because she dominated Track and Cross Country. She even won first place in this race! Even though she is a running machine, she is sooooo humble about it. When I saw her after the race she asked me what my time was first, before telling me her mind blowing time and completely left out the part that she had won first place out of the entire race! I found out later on FB.
Paula, me and Annie huddling in the bus shelter before the race started. 

Is it just me or is my head bigger than Paula's? I think it is. Me and my big noggin.

A little about how I felt about the race: 
About 2/3 through my training for this Half Marathon I feared I would not be able to make it this time. The AF half had been amazing and I had felt so great afterwards that I was convinced that I could break 2:00 at the Pink Series. Well come to find out, I didn't. I could give you various excuses why but I don't like using excuses, I just didn't make it. I got 2:09 and that's better than last time so C is for Candy and that's good enough for me. Also about mile nine I thought, "I just wanna enjoy this," so I took it easy. I mean seriously the race actually felt relatively easy. I wasn't sore at all the next day, I didn't even feel that exhausted later on, and the miles seemed to fly by. I guess taking it easy had it's benefits I still got a pretty good time and I didn't have any negative repercussions afterwards.

After the race, look at that nice arm sweat from me, maybe rethink the gray next time.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Candy! I think your time was awesome; I'm so in awe that you do these at all! It exhausts me just to think about it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete