![]() |
| http://blog.aopa.org/flighttraining/?tag=women-air-force-service-pilots |
Earlier in the day I was sitting at the judges orientation and my friend Emma and I were looking through the history fair buttons, to pick a good one to wear, and I heard a voice say "Don't take all the good ones." I looked over and it was my AP World History teacher Mr. Hall. I'm sure I looked at him in amazement then said in a very high pitched voice "Mr. Hall!!!" He looked at me like he recognized me, and then said "you look familiar but I can't remember you name." I told him who I was, using my maiden name of course, then briefly described how he would know me. I talked to him a little bit and told him about my internship at Payson Junior. It's fun to tell former history teachers that you are going to do the exact same thing that they do. Also, I love living in Utah, you never know who you're going to see.
![]() |
| Let's Go Utah! |
In the second round of judging I did documentaries. We were sitting in the room waiting for the students to file in and present their documentary. As we were waiting I noticed something in the corner that does seem very appropriate to a history fair. It was the TARDIS!!! Yep, that's right folks The Doctor decided to make an appearance at the Utah State History Fair...well not quite. The students in the previous round of performances had used the TARDIS as their "time machine"(even though it is so much more than that, it's Time And Relative Dimensions In Space). When the students with the TARDIS came to take it home, I asked them "So is your TARDIS bigger on the inside." They all smiled and one boy said "I wish!" The saddest part is that their judges weren't familiar with Doctor Who and so the reference was entirely lost on them, that just proves we need more Whovians in the world!!!





Candy, I can totally see you loving this! Glad you had fun! Thanks again for a great time this last weekend!
ReplyDelete